Introducing MYOB Exo v2018.4 and v2018.5
MYOB’s ongoing development of the Exo Business application has continued through 2018 with the recent release of the 4th and 5th substantive upgrades for the year; MYOB Exo Business v2018.4 and last week v2018.5. These releases include the following:
- Underlying technology updates and enhancements that are behind the scenes to support prioritised issues and enhancements
- A new exonetlib.dll which is not backwards compatible
- Business Services v1.5 required for Exo OnTheGo & Exo API
- Changes to user profile Record Locking options
- Resolving small balance rounding issues in Stock
- Enlarged Note Fields
- Resolved issue where a negative stock quantity error could incorrectly appear when processing a creditors credit note through Inwards Goods.
- Ability for Users with STAFF privileges to use special characters in passwords
- The addition of new options in the Sales Order line periscope; (Cost Price and Margin details)
- Updates to the User interface
- Changes to the way in which Exo handles variances when posting to the GL
You will be aware of Helm’s recommendation that all clients keep their Exo systems regularly updated to the latest release, or close to it. The summer period, while members of your team might still be away, is a good time to get your system upgraded to the latest release so why not contact the Helm Support team to arrange the upgrading of your system over this period.
Pricing information for MYOB Exo Business as advised by MYOB
You use MYOB Exo Business, one of the most widely used ERPs across Australia and New Zealand. MYOB advises that there is a price increase of 3% to your annual license fee that will apply from 1 March 2019.
This price increase reflects their continued and ongoing investment and development of MYOB Exo Business to ensure that it remains a market leading solution for users like yourselves.
We know upgrading to a new version of MYOB Exo Business can be difficult to fit into the diary however you’ll gain access to vast new functionality including enhancements to system usability, reporting, redevelopments of the Stock Movement feature, advanced data encryption, updates to the underlying database technology and performance improvements across the product.
What’s coming in the next 12 months?
- Upgrading of all toolsets to enable us to deliver tight integration with Microsoft’s products
- Bank feed enhancements - including splitting a single bank-feed transaction into multiple transactions
- Improvements in recurring General Ledger transactions
- Enhancements to GL Posting Automation including improved handling for GL Auto reversals
- Enriched Creditor Payment Processor which will better support payment via BPay
- Continued developments to foreign currency.
If you have any questions in respect of the price increase or to any of the above information, please contact the Helm team.